NCAA Eligibility Webinar
Student athletes planning on playing sports at an NCAA Div I or II school can attend a webinar on Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 11:00 am HST for information on eligibility and requirements.
Informational flier HERE
Incoming Freshman Orientation to Waiakea High Athletics
Watch Waiakea Warrior Athletics on NFHS Network
Games will be broadcast over the web using automated cameras at selected fields. Supporters can subscribe to monthly or annual packages. These packages allow you to view ALL sports (nation-wide) on the NFHS Network (live and on-demand)
Waiakea High Athletic restart on Monday 9/27
On 9-27-2021 Waiakea High athletics will restart Fall sports
The following requirements are in effect in order to participate in athletics (DOE Requirements)
1. A completed DOE athletic physical form signed by an MD and dated within the last 12 months
2. Risk Form and concussion form signed by parent and student
3. A copy of a CDC vaccination card (dated at least 15 days post vaccination completion)
* If student receives an accommodation for Vaccine requirement the following is required instead of #3 (submitted and approved religous and/or medical forms)
1. A copy of Negative Covid test results from an accredited lab (PCR test) from a test within the last 96 hrs
2. Student will continue to test every 4 days and submit negative results in order to continue participation.
* Student athletes may face consequences (loss of playing time) for missed practice time due to testing and or failure to submit the adequate test results
DOE PHYSICAL/RISK/ CONCUSSION FORMS ARE POSTED ON THE WHS WEBSITE - ATHLETICS TAB
RELIGIOUS AND MEDICAL EXEMPTION FORMS AND SUBMISSION PROCEDURES ARE ALSO POSTED ON THE WHS WEBSITE-ATHLETICS TAB
Upcoming Spring Sport Start and Tryout Dates
Required to participate
1. completed physical/ parent /consent form packet
2. proof of vaccination or approved exemption request from DOE (and PCR or Antigen Covid test results within 72 hrs
Student-Athlete Vaccination Policy Religious Accommodations
Through our athletic programs, we seek to provide opportunities for:
The development of physical competency.
The demonstration of leadership.
The development of a clearer understanding that it is essential for human beings to work together.
The development of respect for diversity.
PROCEDURE FOR TURNING IN STUDENT PHYSICAL AND PARENT CONSENT FORMS
To help ensure the child's eligibility, do not turn in forms to our Main Office or Athletic Director's office.
You must hand the physical papers, which include the physical form, the consent form and the concussion form, to their child. Have the child walk to the Athletic Training Room after school and hand all the forms to an athletic trainer. If the forms are incomplete, the forms will be returned to the child for completion. The child will not be able to participate until all forms are completed and stored in the athletic training room
Concussion Management Program
All parents/guardians of athletes at Waiakea High School must visit this site:
Please print out and read the list on the page before signing the form.
Forms may be returned to the Athletic Trainer's office in P-1.